Design Strategy, From The Experts
Fri, Jun 15 @
10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Expert DOJO space
UNIT 308, 395 Santa Monica place
Designing an app that will revolutionize payments? The next electric bike? Scaling your company’s design team to shift into the next phase of operations? This (and our sister event Design In Customer Experience) are the core design leadership courses you need to prepare your team for success:
Design strategy is the mother of all design management activities. A design strategy is a high-level plan to
achieve design goals within a certain business context. It is certainly not created in isolation: it helps to achieve overarching business goals, it helps to align peer strategies and – most importantly – it helps to make the
right choices in terms of resources and capabilities.
Expect to answer these questions for your organization:
• What should a design manager do when managing design strategies?
• What are the key components of a solid design strategy?
• How are these components linked to the bigger picture of a company?
• What are the competencies needed to manage design strategies?
These key takeaways will help you minimize costs and increase efficiency, immediately:
• Show understanding of the different components of the design strategy.
• Show the relation between overarching business strategy and design strategy.
• Show understanding of the long-term perspective in the design strategy.
Who else has attended this program? Past participants have included Design Managers, marketeers and leaders in design from: Unilever, GSK, Staples, Hasbro, Intuit, Mars, Samsonite, Honda, Roche, Sony, Kimberly-Clark, Mass Mutual.
Includes lunch and a networking break to interact with like-minded colleages from the design & marketing world here in Silicon Beach.
Bonus: sign up for this and our program on CX and get a 20% discount!
Why learn with Grow?
1. Within a year after their program with Grow: 50% of graduates grew their design budgets and responsibilities, 55% were promoted, and 60% received pay raises.
2. You will expand your network: you will become professional friends with designers from different industries, different design disciplines and with different roles, learning from what they know and gaining inspiration from teh tools they use everyday.
3. You get access to industry-leading proprietary case studies and content of PARK’s 20-year work with companies such as GSK, Nivea, Roche, Lego, Novo-Nordisk, and more.
As a company:
1. Your employees are better managers: generic design management knowledge and skills are trained and made relevant to your own company.
2. Your employees are ready to lead: they will understand that leading design is different from ‘just managing it’ and have experimented with this.
3. Your employees are energised: participants that return after a Grow program are full of plans and energy to make awesome design things happen at your company.
What’s the refund policy?
A 50% refund is possible if cancellation is made by Thursday, May 31st. After the 31st, the value of the ticket may be transferred to an alternate teammember to attend in your place.
+ GOOGLE CALENDAR + ICAL EXPORT