Venture Hollywood VC Forum at Expert DOJO
Tuesday, January 15, 2019 @
Expert DOJO space
UNIT 308, 395 Santa Monica place
Robin Rowe hosts free event with venture capitalists and startup founders on Tuesday, January 15th, 2019, 6:30pm to 9:30pm
By Robin Rowe
LOS ANGELES, CA (Venture Hollywood) 2018/12/27 – Panel of venture capitalists and finance experts discuss market trends. Selected startup founders share pitches.
Each month I present an opportunity to participate in Q&A with investors and VC friends speaking on a celebrity panel. After a short break, six selected startup founders present short pitches in front front of our savvy venture audience. Founders who want to pitch apply beforehand.
Venture Experts Panel
Each expert on our panel is asked how he or she got started in the business, investment strategy and thoughts on the current market. Then it’s open Q&A with the audience. Bring your best startups question! If there’s a venture expert you would like to see on a future panel, let me know.
395 Santa Monica Place
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Parking: Parking in the mall. ExpertDOJO is in the top floor of the mall on the center courtyard.
- 6:30pm Check-in
- 7-7:50pm Celebrity Experts Panel (Intro then audience Q&A)
- 8-9pm Startup Pitches (6 x 10 minutes each)
- 9pm+ Networking
- GeoTrue: Map routing for rapid transit or your mobile app – Robin Rowe
- Graphite Comics: Freemium comics platform – Michael Eng
- BillZero: A Millennials pay-the-bills solution – Nathan Briggs
To participate as audience, RSVP. To be a presenter, see Secret to Becoming a Pitchfest Presenter. Everyone is welcome. Female and minority entrepreneurs are particularly encouraged to join us.
Statistically speaking, it takes 50+ pitches before a CEO succeeds in raising funds for his or her startup. While investors come to our events, some incognito, the point of pitching is not to immediately land an investor. Nobody writes a check on the first meeting. It’s to hone pitches and start building brand awareness. If you’re a presenter, the good news is only 49 pitches to go! For the rest of us, there’s plenty to be learned by watching others pitch.
A good pitch deck is like being well dressed. Crucial for making a good first impression, but charm and integrity matter more. When investors give us money, what they are saying foremost is they believe in our character, that we have earned their trust.
Want to reach me, Robin Rowe? Connect with me on LinkedIn. Contact me there about becoming a presenter or speaker at my events.
- Autochrome Ventures Vaughn Blake
- Boustead Securities Eli Ansari
- CKR Law Matthew Sferrazza
- Conservaco Mark Thimmig
- Gap Capital Partners Gabrielle Pantera
- Interstate Capital Phil Tassi
- London and Partners James Cummings
- Nordic Eye Venture Capital Richard Sussman
- Quake Capital Partners Lucas Pols
- Rough Diamond Capital Samuel Lee
- BizOpsAI: Online marketplace for buying and selling small businesses – Frederic Rough
- Bonafi.io: Is it real or fake? Blockchain catching counterfeits – Steve Kuh
- Brickathegame: Sliding tile word search game for iOS – Mark Andrews
- Censio.love: Dating one person at a time with AI – Wellington Moreno
View Censio pitch deck
- Checkplis: Mobile app for restaurant POS – Abner Flores
- Chedr – Rigo Garcia
- Coin Squad: Crypto investor tech support – Frederic Rough
- Credo360 – Irakliy Khaburzaniya
- CyberFolio.live: Crypto gamified – Ralf-Rainer von Albedyhll
- Drain Sensei: Sewer monitoring with IoT – Milind Waikul
- Driven by Safety: Remote breathalyzer – Rodney Stearns
- Earnster: Teens earn while doing family tasks – Candice Walker
- Fitforbucks: Fitness rewards from local merchants –Gennadiy Kats
- Get Settled In: Your personal moving concierge powered by AI – Jeremy Hatcher
- Goalkeeper – Valerie Alexander
- Hotbox: Marijuana Safe Spaces – Eric Caldwell
- Juqebox.io : Live Streaming for Music Performances – David Sanville
View Juqebox Pitch Deck
- Kindra Connect: Dating authenticity – Gina Levy
- Kindred Quarters/KNDRD.io – Christine McDannell
- Pibox – Ivan Talaychuk
- SharedChain – Luke Ho-Hyung Lee
- uHoo: An awkward-free way to talk to strangers – Kazuki Fujii
- ZoomAdmin – Michael Paltayan
- Zumby: Find Income Properties – Jeb Carty
+ GOOGLE CALENDAR + ICAL EXPORT