Here are our 12 startups that we believe will become the next unicorns of the decade!
AdLaunch is the world’s fastest AI-powered technology for creating hyper-personalized video ads. The founders Marko Nylund and Joel Hypén have won several prizes for their quality videos. AdLaunch currently has multiple patents pending for automatic video generation technology that enables users streamline operations and produce marketing videos with the most efficiency.
– 21´000 users in over 160 countries worldwide.
– Over $1M USD raised for developing patented AI-powered automatic video generation technology.
Founder: Joel Hypén
Artishok is a workspace and workforce operating system, based on data-driven algorithms, enabling every company to transform into hybrid work the right way.
– Money raised: $90,000 USD
– Customers: 3 In the pipeline: Large retail chain, cruise ship, 2 mid-sized enterprises
Founder: Amit Paz
BokDoc is the first marketplace specialized in surgeries & medical procedures in Egypt. The company includes more than 37 different medical specialties, 1500 doctors & 75 hospitals with more than 3000 surgeries & procedures. BokDoc is the first in the Mena region to offer installment solutions for its patients for any surgery in BokDoc, 0% interest, and without advance payment.
Total Revenue : $200,000 USD (since launch 10 months ago)
Average Growth (MoM) : 21% Profit margin: 20% (from the total revenue)
Founder: Ahmed El Awady
BroadBridge Networks allows organizations to run more efficient and effective security operations with relevant insights from their network data. The platform collects stores, and analyzes network telemetry at an unprecedented level of scale, incorporating a high-performance data processing workflow, optimized for GPU based analytics. Additionally, BroadBridge Networks’ platform provides analysts with an intuitive Human First User Interface, called The Analyst Workbench™, designed to simplify the process of ingesting network telemetry and deploy Machine Learning models, equipping both experienced and inexperienced security professionals with the ability to discover relationships between data objects and quickly uncover relevant security insights.
Raised $575,000 USD to date and are in the beginning of PoCs now. Starting with Dell Technologies and T-Mobile Communications.
Founder: Kelvin Franklin
Cannon Cyber ensures that cybercriminals are never successful by enabling enterprises to have better security hygiene and readiness. Cannon Cyber continuously protects its organization’s perimeter through its industry-leading algorithms which are now leveraged by Fortune 500 companies.
Launched October 2019 and has 5 customers and Google is one of them.
Founder: Raghunath Venkat Thummisi
LEAD helps companies maximize the potential of their current teams and increase cross-team collaboration, starting with introducing colleagues via Slack or Microsoft Teams. LEAD’s software solution offers common social program practice advice to help employers manage their teams in a meaningful way. This allows companies of all sizes to not just keep connected, but also learn from each other as well as build the most brilliant and supportive teams possible.
– Raised $600,000 USD
– Slack integration (MVP) released in Jan 2020, Microsoft Teams integration (beta) released in May 2020,
– 60x signup growth since Jan 2020,
– 10K+ monthly active users in July 2020 *Signed up companies include Fortune 500 companies.
Founder: Alyssa Y. Kimura
Every team – not just sports teams – needs a coach to motivate them, help them build the skills that matter, and be productive and successful. Squadra carves out a new space in the workplace productivity stack as the first virtual coaching app for teams.
– Began monetizing MVP product in year 1 (2019) with $40k in revenues through enterprise clients including PwC, Telefónica and BelGroup.
– Pivoted to more scaleable freemium,, product-led growth model to scale more quickly.
– Accepted into The Venture City accelerator (2% acceptance rate in 2019) to focus on product, engineering, and instrumentation.
– Year 2 (2020) expected revenues=$45k despite Covid-19.
Founder: Monica Chitnis
Suavei is a SaaS solution that accurately identifies all devices that are connected to a network without the installation of any additional hardware or software agents. Suavei can also handle slow network connections and sensitive IoT devices. This startup was born out of 3 fundamental issues that were identified in other active vulnerability scanning products: a) They don’t identify the devices accurately and reliably. b) They can’t handle slow network environments. c) They can’t be trusted to scan sensitive (e.g. medical) devices.
Raised $900,000 USD and have 15 small early adopter customers and 4 active pilots.
Founder: Afonso Infante
ThankUCash is rewarding customers for buying what they need. Customers will earn ThankUCash Points when spending at ThankUCash Merchant Locations. ThankUCash merchants have grown their revenues by over 25%, using their breakthrough technology to track sales, monitor their business, acquire new customers, retain existing customers while rewarding loyal customers.
– Got Investments from One of Hongkongs biggest Venture groups, Betatron.
– A Senior Manager at KPMG joined us as VP – Finance and Strategy. .
– Launched our partnership with One of Africa’s Largest Fintech Unicorn Interswitch which will give us access to help over 27million consumers to save on their spend.
– Finalized our partnership with One of Nigerians digital focused banks as a value added platform for their banking merchants.
Founder: Simeon Ononobi
TradeStars is a Fantasy Sports Stock Trading platform where users monetize on fantasy sports assets in a 24/7 stock market with automated liquidity and based on a public blockchain infrastructure.
– Launched to the public January 15th 2020, have 45K users in our community and about +10K USD volume in transactions up to this moment.
– Raised a total of $200,000 USD.
Founder: Cristian Hentschel
Unlu is making ordinary people interact with extraordinary personalities. Unlu is a fan-to-celebrity connect platform, offering a whole new experience to ‘interact’ with celebrities, through personalized video shoutouts, masterclasses, live sessions, live quizzes, endorsements, etc. formats.
– Raised $250,000 USD in an ongoing pre-seed round, and have done about $40K worth of business in the first 6-7 weeks (launched in June 2020).
– 500+ celebrities and 10,000+ users
Founder: Vipul Agrawal
Markit (stealth mode Vision Interchange) is the first-of-its-kind fintech transaction marketplace where users can shop directly with what they already own. This novel approach allows consumers to bypass loss in the resale process (as well as for retail goods). Markit utilizes IP transaction ledgers to attach currency/value directly to commodities (not bartering/swapping). In addition, physical sensors are embedded to ensure automated and 100% fail-proof authentication/valuations for all products.
Vision Interchange is the initial iteration applicable to the vision market through a top accelerator. They are currently launching a duplicate platform for millennial brands, luxury goods, and the general marketplace (Markit).